Lens Molding Banner
Best Practices for Successful Injection Molded Optics Programs
Without such knowledge and expertise, it would not be possible to perform the following key program management tasks:
- Identify realistic targets for product performance
- Develop a mechanical design optimized for injection molding
- Evaluate tradeoffs of different tooling approaches
- Develop a realistic program timeline and assign suitable milestones
- Understand potential program risks and develop appropriate mitigation strategies
- Develop a quality assurance plan compatible with the manufacturing process and available metrology equipment
The best of way of tapping to the source of such knowledge and expertise is to develop a relationship with an experienced specialized optical molder. Also, it’s important to follow the best practices for successful injection molded optics programs outlined below.
Upon completion of the strategy developed using the best practices, you should stay engaged with the optical injection molding company through regularly scheduled program reviews. The most successful injection molding optics programs are developed when an alliance is formed between the customer and the injection molding company. The alliance will ensure the business and technical goals of the project are fully understood and that all goals are achieved.