Job Category: Supply Chain
Location: Fremont (CA, US)
G&H offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our seven business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
We are looking for an experienced Buyer/Planner to join our Fremont facility, specializing in Acousto-Optics (AO) for A&D, Industrial and Life Sciences. You will be responsible for determining requirements and procuring materials that support both engineering and production schedules. May include but not limited to assigned commodities, suppliers and/or material and parts. Ensures requirements are met through on-time delivery of quality materials, reduction of lead time and total cost, supply chain control and maintaining inventory at planned levels.
- Determines material requirements from engineering and production schedules as well as MRP and MPS output to meet cost targets.
- Plans, schedules and monitors supplier deliveries on materials needed for the production loading requirements to maintain inventory targets.
- Purchases wide variety of materials, components, equipment and services.
- Processes and manages returns for defective materials, components or equipment.
- Monitors and maintains inventory at planned levels, while working to minimize excess and obsolete materials.
- Monitors cost, schedule and scope of assigned suppliers
- Vendor negotiations to reduce overall cost and achieve targeted yearly Purchase Price Variance (PPV).
- Develops specifications for new contracts and purchase orders.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Strong MRP / planning skills
- Strong Excel and computer skills
- Strong purchasing negotiating skills
- Desired 3-5 years of related experience.
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent communication skills,
- Excellent cooperation and teamwork skills,
- Good judgement and initiative,
- able to maintain positive helpful and cooperative working relationship with all departments of the organization.
How to Apply
Resumes should be sent to email@example.com with Buyer/Planner in the Subject line.
In accordance with our corporate policy, G&H requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or corporate approval of a medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment.
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunity or practices on the grounds of gender, race, religion or beliefs.