NPI Engineer – AO
Job Category: R&D Engineering
Location: Fremont (CA, US)
G&H offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our seven business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
We are looking for an Engineer to join our Design team in our Fremont facility, specialising in Acousto-Optics (AO) for A&D, Industrial and Life Sciences.
Reporting to the Design Engineering Manager, you will work in our world-leading photonics design & development projects that focus on next-generation acousto-optic deflectors, modulators and tunable filters for a diverse range of applications including semiconductor laser manufacturing, sensing in Aerospace & Defense and microscopy in medical imaging. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of our business by working with pioneering companies in the US, Europe and Asia Pacific in order to fuel the company’s growth and turn new ideas into innovative product lines.
As part of the AO engineering group, you will be responsible for supporting the transition of new products into fabrication and assembly operations; and then develop and implement product design improvements generated through detailed build investigation. You will work within a multidisciplinary team including electronic, optical and mechanical engineers to develop cutting-edge new products that will deliver profitable revenue growth.
- Provide hands on technical support to prototype & pilot production build activities
- Work with design engineering, process engineering, and manufacturing personnel to optimize product design for efficient manufacturing
- Generate and optimize build documentation. Generate and Track ECO’s related to new documentation release
- Analyze product optical/RF test results as related to design and build parameters.
- Generate and Track the release of new product part numbers, BOMs and documentation through Product Life Management System
- Review, resolve and escalate daily production and quality issues
- Provide operator training and process improvement
- Implement “Lean” strategies where applicable
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- BS Mechanical, Electronic or Industrial engineering
- 2 years work experience or equivalent training
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands and shifting work priorities
- Excellent verbal, written communication
- Opto-Mechanical or Mechanical assembly experience desirable
- Experience with 2D CAD software, 3D modeling and layout skills desirable
- Laser test bench experience desirable
- RF and/or electronic back-ground a plus (Impedance transformation circuits)
- Exposure to PLM and/or CRM systems in manufacturing environment desirable
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunity or practices on the grounds of gender, race, religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by national laws under which the Company operates.
How to Apply
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with NPI Engineer – AO in the Subject line.