G&H offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our seven business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
SPECIALIST FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of fibre optics/photonics build and test equipment and how to use it.
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean Manufacturing & Continual Improvement strategy.
- Have an understanding of NPI strategy and objectives, and the timelines for delivery of new products to the site.
- Have awareness of scorecard KPIs, understand how Process Engineering actions and strategy effects site performance.
- Knowledge of H&S to a level where issues can be highlighted and managed by the appropriate personnel.
- Experience of electronics and test software applications i.e. LabView.
KEY G&H COMPETENCIES
- Safety, Quality, Compliance
- Drive and Determination
- Communication skills
- Innovation & Creativity
- Problem Solving
- Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in an engineering and/or scientific subject.
- 3+ years’ experience in a technical manufacturing environment.
- Proven industry experience working as an Engineer in Optics, Fibre Optics, Electronics or Assembly manufacture.
- Exposure to a LEAN manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing processes and quality tools & techniques
- The ability to prioritise and meet conflicting demands
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Process & Test Engineer – FO noted in the Subject line.