Senior Quality Engineer
Job Category: Quality
Location: Moorpark (CA, US)
G&H offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our seven business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
Primary task is to overhaul the Moorpark business management system whilst maintaining the existing AS9100 certification. This will include introduction of a centrally coordinated document system addressing; business processes, working level instructions and the associated change management. In addition, as part of the local management team steering a quality culture throughout the business of all staff being accountable for Product Quality, Right First Time and identifying solutions to problems. This will involving working with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure robust closed loop processes such as; MRB, Problem solving techniques through to effective Root Cause Analysis, along with demonstrating visual metrics.
The primary reporting of the role will be to the US Director of Quality with a dotted line to the local Operations Director in Moorpark.
- Working with the management team to overhaul the business management system and establish a structured approach to all documents, from policy through to manufacturing work instructions.
- Ensuring robust processes are in place with respect to key business interactions, ie, Contract Review, Document Change Control and Product Change Notification.
- Providing oversite to the onsite Management of Change process.
- Accreditations. Manage 3rd Party AS9100 and customer audits.
- Development of internal audit resources for performing internal and manufacturing process compliance audits. Facilitating process corrective actions and business process improvements.
- Ensuring effective MRB and QRB processes are in place along with key product assurance visual metrics.
- Product validation activities – Identification of relevant regulatory requirements, Independent Reviews within NPI process for Release to Manufacture. FAIR (1st Articles), Product inspection and test plans.
- Cost of Poor Quality – Working within a multi-functional team to ensure effective solutions in delivering projects to eliminate costs associated with waste. This will include supporting product costs & process standard times and continuous improvement activities such as introduction of Statistical Process Controls, in support of driving improvements in OTD and site profitability.
- Customer Returns – Overseeing the Root Cause Analysis and preventative actions process.
- Material inspection – Working with supply chain to improve supplier performance and address risk mitigation activities. Transferring inspection activity to the supply chain, whilst ensuring effective in-coming inspection regimes.
- QMS Management Review Process.
- Ensuring an effective equipment calibration & preventive maintenance system.
- Customer support – On site quality audits and questionnaires as required by the business.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Monthly Quality report – slide pack
- Internal audits to schedule
- Audit NCR closure to target
- RMA Cycle Time
- RMA & MRB actions delinquency
- CoPQ & RFT performance to targets
- Customer satisfaction
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
SPECIALIST FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing AS9100, ISO13485 or ISO9001 quality role.
- Extensive experience and appropriately qualified for internal auditing.
- Application of quality within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated success in implementing structured problem solving techniques.
- Awareness of Mechanical Engineering drawings and specification requirements.
- Fully versed in visual metrics, continuous improvement activities along with application experience, ie, Statistical Process Control tools, etc.
- Working positively to develop and foster good working relationships with colleagues and personnel in line with our Company Values and behaviour framework.
- Achievement through others
- Change Management
- Quality & Accuracy
- Customer Focus
- Drive and Determination
- Job Knowledge
- Safety Quality Compliance
Degree or equivalent in engineering, business or science related field preferred.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter (that clearly states what position you are applying for) and your cv to Cathy Shapiro, HR Administrator at email@example.com or click on the “Apply for this job” button below.