Application Engineer - Acousto-Optics/RF Drivers
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
G&H is a world leader in design and manufacture of customized photonics components and modules for industrial, avionic, and medical OEMs. At our Fremont, CA Facility (35,000 sq ft; 80+ Employees), we are looking for a motivated and independent Application Engineer to:
- serve as the main technical interface to our customers, and
- work with the Product Manager and the global Sales team to manage current and new customer enquiries.
In this role, you will be responsible for capturing technical requirements and converting them to current products or future custom/OEM solutions.As the Application Engineer specialized in the use of Acousto-Optics for Industrial, Life Sciences and A&D customers, you will support the technical side of the product management and sales process. You will work closely with the Commercial and R&D teams to convert new business opportunities leading to profitable revenue growth.
- Main technical contact with customers (pre- and post-sale), guiding sales process; proposing suitable product solutions; product demo’s; installation & RMA support
- Generate quotations and pricing structures for products
- Interact externally with customers and internally with R&D and Operations in order to mutually agree on performance, pricing and lead times and support the Sales Process
- Work with Business Development and Engineering teams to convert new design-ins through our Gate review processes
- Enable and support NPD/NPI focused on Acousto-Optics by providing target requirements and specifications to R&D
- Support Marketing in the promotion of Acousto-Optic products by generating marketing literature and attending relevant trade shows exhibitions and conferences.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
- 10% travel expected
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Electronics or equivalent.
- Experience in product lifecycle management within the photonics or laser industry desired
- Knowledge of technology and commercial aspects of Acousto-Optics desired
- Strong communication and presentation skills
HOW TO APPLY: Click on the Apply now button to the left or send your resume to email@example.com with Application Engineer in the subject line.
In accordance with our corporate policy, G&H requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or corporate approval of a medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment.
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunity or practices on the grounds of gender, race, religion or beliefs.