G&H offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our five business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
G&H is investing to create a world-leading facility at its Ilminster site to manufacture a range of hi-tech optical components and assemblies – including periscopes and other specialised sightings – for military, security and environmental applications.
We’re looking for enthusiastic, “can – do” team players who are passionate to play a part in our future success. Successful candidates will be willing and able to :
- Work on a two–shift rotating pattern (20% shift allowance) when needed, after training.
- Learn new skills and build on your previous experience in production ( ideally, you’ll have some of this already in mechanical assembly work)
- To be fully competent on the production activities undertaken on the assembly line.
In return, we offer competitive pay rates, company pension scheme with life assurance. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. Potential for bonus.
We operate safely to Covid and have a good health & safety record.
Due to the nature of the business, employment is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check and MOD security clearance.
- GCSE English and Maths to a minimum of Grade C or equivalent.
- Working experience matching expectations of role.
- Develop, support, and work within Health & Safety regulations, Company Quality and Environmental systems of work, and all other Company policies and procedures.
- Working positively to develop and foster good working relationships with customers, colleagues and contracted personnel in order to maintain a culture of mutual respect and dignity.
- Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures
- Pack finished products
- Clean production equipment and work areas
- Proactively engage in the continuous improvement to make efficiencies and be more productive
- Training and working within a small team, assembling periscopes and opto-mechanical Sights for armoured vehicles.
- Mix adhesives and prepare metal to optics bonding.
- Bond optical surfaces together for substrates and laser protection filters.
- Set optical sub-assemblies to the correct orientation.
- Inspect Optics and Metal work to required specification.
- Follow the MRB process for non-conforming parts.
- Perform AQL inspection on some parts.
- Ensure history card and other documentation is completed.
- As part of a team, cover the roles of colleagues and provide assistance when required.
- Comply with Health and Safety procedures.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, including those in relation to Quality Management.
- Planned activity adherence.
- Time keeping.
- Timely delivery of Company products.
- Completion of new product development pathways.
- Adapt well to change and learn quickly.
- ‘Will Do’ attitude.
- Experience of working to instructions.
- Great attention to detail.
- Results orientated.
- Positive attitude.
Skills / abilities
- Experience in a production environment.
- Experience training others or ability to impart knowledge.
- Ability to follow instructions accurately.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Good level of numeracy and literacy.