Chief Technology Officer
G&H offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
This opportunity has arisen as a result of internal promotion and career development. As a Group position, we welcome applications from candidates who have proximity to any of the following locations: UK (Ilminster, Torquay or St Asaph) or US (Boston, MA: Fremont, Ca; Cleveland, OH).
The CTO is responsible for leading the global research and product development activities of the G&H group, focusing on photonic components and systems for communications and sensing applicable to Aerospace & Defense, Health & Life Sciences and Industrial sectors. As the head of the Global R&D Engineering department and reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for new product development, technology road-mapping and IP generation through execution of a balanced R&D programme portfolio. You will support and collaborate with key G&H stakeholders and work with world leading customers to design and produce new products to address applications for photonics in a wide range of markets.
- Lead the global R&D Engineering team
- As a key member of the G&H Executive team play a significant role in determining the strategic direction of the company.
- Represent the R&D Engineering function to the G&H Executive Board
- Manage the R&D project portfolio and deliver on NPD projects.
- Maintain, extend and safeguard G&H key enabling technologies
- Oversee the development reviews, project gates & lessons learnt
- Champion IP and patent activities and manage the patent application process
- Represent G&H to the scientific and industrial communities, including key stakeholders and customers
- Generate and maintain G&H technology roadmaps
- Define global R&D processes and tools to enable standardization and efficiency across the teams
- Manage talent and periodically review development & succession plans
- Manage R&D Engineering interfaces with other functions of the business (Sales, Business Development, Product Management, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Educated to MSc or PhD level in relevant discipline (Engineering, Physics) with specialisation in optics and photonics.
- Specialist technical knowledge on at least one of G&H enabling technologies.
- Proven track record (minimum 5 years) in a senior R&D management role and converting R&D results into profitable new products.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills, strong track record of leading a multi-national, multi-cultural teams.
- Experience of operating at minimum Vice President (or equivalent) level experience with exposure to c-level / board.
- Excellent interpersonal & presentation skills, proven track record of building strong relationships at all levels and ability to communicate appropriate expectations in relation to deliverables. High level of gravitas & personal credibility.
- Excellent organization skills, focused on execution as well as innovation, with strong attention to detail.
- Team orientated, works cooperatively and collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals.
- Positive, enthusiastic, looks for opportunities for win/win and shares responsibility for team success or failure.
- Excellent team building skills and talent-spotting
How to Apply
This position has the anticipated start date 1 October 2022.
Please send your resume following the apply now link to the left..