Crystal Growth Scientist
Gooch & Housego is looking for a motivated and independent individual to assist in tank preparation, run planting, run harvesting, and as necessary throughout growth to maintain production as directed. This includes: Prepare growth solutions to specifications,
Prepare seeds for large crystal growth. The role also covers working with chemicals in a laboratory environment.
- Assist in tank preparation, run planting, run harvesting, and as necessary throughout growth to maintain production as directed.
- Assist in feeding raw materials into crystal growth runs as directed.
- Assist in run monitoring and equipment maintenance.
- Prepare growth solutions to specifications.
- Mix raw materials as directed and required.
- Prepare seeds for large crystal growth.
- Setup and calibrate motors, filtration, and controls for large crystal growth following procedures.
- Maintain data sheets and computerized data entry.
- Capital Equipment investigation and implementation
- Ability to design and perform Design of Experiments o Presentation of analysis and findings
- Must be able to lift of up to 50 lbs.
- Machine and fabricate acrylic tank parts as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain clean, organized work space.
- Ability to maintain accurate lab records.
- Experience and ability to perform chemical analysis.
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Polymer Science.
- Experience with filtration is useful and preferred
The responsibilities of this position will involve having access to items and technical data that may be controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations ("U.S. Export Control Laws"), including but not limited to the Export
Administration Regulations ("EAR") and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"). In order to comply with the U.S. Export Control Laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within G&H that may present access to export-controlled technical data, G&H must assess whether candidates are "U.S. persons" as defined under the EAR (15 C.F.R. Part 772) and the ITAR (22 C.F.R. § 120.15). Certain questions asked during the application process are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position.
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunity or practices on the grounds of gender, race, religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by national laws under which the Company operates.