EHS Maintenance Technician
Job title: EHS Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Scope of the role:
The EHS Maintenance Technician at G&H plays a crucial role in ensuring a safe work environment by supporting the Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) program and contributing to the continuous improvement initiatives. The EHS Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Manager and involves a combination of technical duties related to safety, environmental compliance, and general maintenance, making it ideal for someone with a passion for EHS problem-solving and a strong background in maintenance activities.
- Support day-to-day EHS operations, including safety, environmental, 6S program, fire protection, and hazardous waste management.
- Perform technical duties such as routine painting, conducting inspections, and inputting data into spreadsheets/databases.
- Create and install EHS signage, coordinate PPE delivery, and manage the installation of safety supplies.
- Assist in managing the waste stream program.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment and machinery as needed.
- Install and set up machinery and equipment; perform monthly preventive maintenance.
- Maintain maintenance records for ISO purposes.
- Participate in the Safety Committee, providing input to improve safety in the facility.
- Lead projects to drive improvements in the “Incident Free Safety Culture" program.
- Support and execute facility-related maintenance activities.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent education gained through work experience required.
- 2+ years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Passion for building individuals into strong, self-sufficient EHS problem solvers.
- High tolerance for change and willingness to help others navigate changing work environments.
- Experience in troubleshooting manufacturing equipment.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and safety procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of power and hand tools.
- Knowledge of electricity and plumbing.
- Ability to drive a forklift.
- Experience in industrial maintenance and/or facility maintenance and/or in EHS area.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Experience in Environmental, Health, or Safety in a manufacturing environment is an advantage.
- Electrical or Mechanical qualifications.