Fibre Optic Assembler I
G&H offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our five business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
This role involves assembly of fiber optic components and subassemblies into higher level modules.
- Work with fiber assemblies and components to perform integration per unique customer requirements.
- Work with adhesives, precision assembly tools, and different types of equipment such as fusion splicers, high precision fiber cleavers, polishing machines, and test tools under direct supervision.
- Log assembly information onto order travelers collecting quality assurance data
- Follow written, controlled work instructions, drawings, or verbal instructions.
- Comply with all laboratory, clean room, gowning, and health and safety procedures
- Initiate engineering change documentation to correct inaccuracies when discovered
- Work to improve quality and reduce cost in team based environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Specialist Functional Knowledge
- Hands-on experience with photonics manufacturing processes
- Perform delicate and precise assembly using hand tools
- Handles optical fiber with wrapping and unwrapping, cleaving and stripping
- Excellent hand/eye coordination and dexterity
- Ability to occasionally work through a microscope
- Responsibility to make decisions and take ownership for their outcomes
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and 6S techniques
- Ability to read, speak, and write clearly in English to a US high school level
- High school diploma
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder required
- Experience in electronics and/or fiber optic assembly in a clean room environment
- Knowledge of fiber optic mechanical assembly and fiber assemblies preferred
How to Apply
Please send resumes to G&H Boston using the form below.