Manufacturing Engineer II
At our Fremont, CA Facility, we are looking for a motivated individual to work in a small team of Engineers interacting closely with Product Design, Production and Maintenance to improve labor efficiency, lead times and yield in our production area. Key duties will be to monitor and coach execution of established process; analyze and improve operations in areas through re-design, implementation and documentation of processes and tooling; trouble-shooting and diagnostics of process equipment.
• Continuously monitor processes, and work to maintain optimization of the production line
• Work closely with Skilled Technicians to identify and correct compliance gaps against documented requirements
• Evaluate equipment and processes to ensure both efficiency and quality meet design and build parameters
• Oversee equipment – including regular testing and ensuring maintenance tasks are being carried out per specifications
• Collect data, interpret results, and write reports.
• Perform risk assessments of the equipment and processes being used.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Manufacturing/Industrial, Quality Engineering or related field
• 2 years of relevant hands-on experience in Manufacturing
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to provide coaching and training to Skilled Technicians
• Ability to alter or create written procedures to support coaching/training
• Good combination of hands-on mechanical and experimental experience and solid analytical thinking
• Experience in some of the following considered a plus:
o Slicing, Grinding, Polishing of glass or optical materials
o Optics or semiconductor manufacturing
o E-Beam or IBS Vacuum Coating Equipment
o Lean manufacturing and 6S
o Mechanical design and CAD skills a plus
HOW TO APPLY: Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Manufacturing Engineer in the Subject line.
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunity or practices on the grounds of gender, race, religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by national laws under which the Company operates.