Manufacturing Engineer – Test and Equipment
G&H offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our five business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
As part of our fast paced Manufacturing Engineering team, the Manufacturing Test/Equipment Engineer will join a team that is responsible for meeting business performance requirements along with being responsible for critical assembly work cells. The position is also responsible for improving existing processes and defining new processes and equipment for fibre based electro-optical product and will participate in cost improvement projects, provide technical support to meet volume manufacturing throughput requirements, working with design engineering to develop test plans for new products.
- Select, maintain and develop equipment and processes related to laser optics packages and fibre splicing.
- Support optical packaging sealing processes for environmental protection.
- Work with Quality Team to outline and verify quality plans.
- Apply skills to assist in process improvement throughout opto-assembly processes.
- Establish critical process parameters and Statistical Process Controls (SPC) to ensure process consistency
- Provide failure analysis and continuous improvement on developed and existing processes
- Develop and implement changes in procedures, process parameters, project scheduling, procurement specifications, design rules and equipment configurations where necessary.
- Monitor process and product step yields and implement corrective actions.
- Deriving test plans and test setup for new products, data analysis, and creating summary report
- Perform electrical and optical characterizations of semiconductor laser diodes, such as DC test of laser power, current, voltage, and optical spectrum; RF test of laser small signal modulation and fiber optical transmission test
- Communicate with customers and deliver information about testing clearly and accurately. Work with customers to resolve issues from sample setup, testing/construction review, and/or report generation.
- Performing fiber characterization tests using power meter/laser source and fiber end face testing using industry standard test equipment
- Develops and updates test procedures/reports and associated documentation based on test requirements, and solves technical issues with the test equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Specialist Functional Knowledge
- Good technical understanding of opto-electronics assembly, test processes, and clean room manufacturing practices.
- Knowledge of fibre optic and photonic modules.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and software bugs
- Experience in optical components and joining technologies.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practices so issues can be highlighted and managed by the appropriate personnel.
- Exposure to SPC and GMP and basic problem-solving techniques.
- Drive and Determination
- Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Innovation and Creativity
- Delivering Results
- Problem Solving
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or optical engineering with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a optical device volume-manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to self-organize and work pro-actively and effectively with engineers and across functional departments
- Process qualification, standardization, yield enhancement and cost reduction.
- Photonics applications, specifically fibre optics.
How to Apply
Please send resumes to G&H Boston following the apply link to the left.