Operator I - Optical Module Assembly
G&H offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our five business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
- Work with Laser Components and Fibre Assemblies to perform high precision optical fibre coupling processes
- Work with different types of equipment such as Fusion Splicers, High Precision Fibre Cleavers, Comparative Scopes, etc.
- Following written, controlled work instructions and drawings, operate optical fibre/laser chip alignment equipment used in the manufacture of fibre optic modules.
- Follow clean room gowning procedure and health and safety procedures
Initiate engineering change documentation to correct inaccuracies when discovered.
- Work to improve quality and reduce cost in team based environment
Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Specialist Functional Knowledge
- Hands-on experience with photonics manufacturing processes
- Perform ultra-fine accuracy alignment using micro-positioners and hand tools Work with tweezers and fine tools for small part handling
- Handles optical fibre with wrapping and unwrapping, cleaving and stripping. Excellent hand/eye coordination and good dexterity
- Ability to work through a microscope for extended periods of time
- Good organizational skills, ability to follow precise details, perform accurate work, keep accurate counts
- Ability to make decisions and take responsibility for their outcomes
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and 6S techniques
- Ability to read, speak, and write clearly in English to a US high school level High school diploma
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder required
- Experience in electronics and/or fibre optic assembly in a clean room environment
- Knowledge of fibre optic package assembly and fiber assemblies preferred In accordance with our corporate policy,
- G&H requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or corporate approval of a medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment
How to Apply
Please send your resume to G&H Boston using the link to the left.