Optical Worker – Single Point Diamond Turning
G&H offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our five business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
The position is responsible for maintaining, setting-up, operating and troubleshooting CNC diamond turning machines.
Manufacturing Supervisor / Team Leader
- Develop, support, and work within Health & Safety regulations, Company Quality and Environmental systems of work, and all other Company policies and procedures.
- Working positively to develop and foster good working relationships with customers, colleagues and contracted personnel in order to maintain a culture of mutual respect and dignity.
- Promote and display G&H Core Values.
- Maintain equipment, setup and operate CNC diamond turning machines.
- Understand optical manufacturing drawings.
- Understand ISO and MIL specifications.
- Create CNC programs for diamond turning machines.
- Make adjustments to established CNC programs with minimal supervision.
- Select and adjust tooling changes as needed with minimal supervision
- Designing of diamond turning jigs and fixtures.
- Inspect and measure diamond turned optical parts to ensure conformity to specified tolerances.
- Perform optical tests including interferometry and profilometer tests to determine optical quality.
- Perform cleaning operations to keep work area machinery maintained.
- Planned activity adherence.
- Time keeping.
- Timely delivery of Company products.
- Completion of new product development pathways.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Result orientated.
- Positive can do attitude.
- Punctual and adaptable.
- Ability to work as part of a larger team or on own initiative.
- Flexible approach to working and shift patterns.
- Willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Methodical approach.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and to meet deadlines.
Skills / abilities
- 2+ years of experience in CNC machining (Optical manufacturing preferred).
- GCSE or equivalent qualifications in English, Maths and Science.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of CNC diamond turned optical components.
- Ability to use precision measuring tools and optical test equipment.
- Ability to read optical drawings.
- Continuous improvement through process development.
- Knowledge of manual handling.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to G&H Ilminster following the apply now link to the left.