Production Quality Technician
Scope of the Job:
The Production Quality Technician supports Quality Assurance responsibilities on the shop floor while assisting in the training and direction of the production team for assigned processes.
- Performs Pre-Cap, Final Source preparation, and External Visual inspection activities
- Interfaces with customer inspectors and facilitates actions from the inspections
- Conducts process audits under the direction of site Quality Management
- Tests accuracy of Product Travelers moving pilot or “dummy” product through the database to ensure all data required is possible before Engineering product releases are completed
- Acts as a liaison between quality management and the production team.
- Mentors new associates and assists in qualifying training plans completions.
- Processes ERP and database entries to ensure timely processing of jobs.
- Uses help chain to request support from quality leadership and engineering.
- Initiates Engineering Change Requests to correct documentation and processes.
- Participates in 6S and safety audits.
- Other duties as required and role evolves
SPECIALIST FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Photonics packaging expertise
- Fiber optics assembly and testing experience
- Mil Spec 883 certification
- Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment
- Communication skills
- Delivering results
- Work history in a clean room based, photonics environment.
- Communication Skills including conflict management.
- Computer Skills including Microsoft Office products, i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Fine Visual-motors skills
- 5+ years with a photonics based product manufacturer.