G&H offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our seven business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
As part of the Production team, will be responsible for optical, mechanical and electronic assembly, testing, maintenance and shipping of laser products. Role is directly involved in the operation of machinery and test equipment, and hands-on production of high-performance, laser / electro-optical products.
- Performs production assembly of fiber optics including fusion splicing and connectorization.
- Tests infrared and visible light fiber optic products (primarily lasers and photodiodes) and passive optical assemblies in accordance with specifications, drawings, procedures and work instructions.
- Generates acceptance test reports and related deliverables to internal and external customers.
- Supports quality of manufactured parts by performing all required measurement/inspection activities.
- Maintains operational status of equipment by monitoring condition and reporting needed repairs.
- Maintains a safe and organized work area by observing all safety policies and procedures.
- Follows written, controlled work instructions and drawings to perform the tasks required.
- Adhere to and follow all ESD protocols and clean room procedures.
- Assist engineering in the improvement of existing processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Specialist Functional Knowledge
- Fiber optic assembly machinery and test equipment operation
- IPC soldering skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean Manufacturing & Continual Improvement strategy.
- Ability to work under a microscope
- Communication skills
- Problem Solving
- Proficiency in soldering of electronics; certification is preferred.
- High level of attention to detail and eye for quality is critical.
- Ability to read, speak, and write clearly in English to a US high school level
- High school diploma
- Must be able to work independently and follow directions/procedures precisely.
- Good communication skills and general computer proficiency required.
- Knowledge of SPC, WIP tracking and other production systems preferred.
- Familiarity with optical test lab safety practices is preferred.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 / 9001 processes and procedures is preferred.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and 5S Techniques
- Previous experience working with delicate assemblies and fiber optics in a clean room based manufacturing environment.
How to Apply
Please send resumes to G&H Boston using the form below.