Quality Control Technician (Crystal fab)
G&H offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our five business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
At our Fremont, CA Facility, we are looking for Quality Control Technician III who will perform to a high level product inspection and/or audits of all levels of product within the Crystal Fabrication area including Thin Films. Performs packaging and manufacturing inspections, sampling, and testing of incoming components and raw materials. Has substantial understanding of the job and ensures raw materials, in-process and finished products meet company standards. May apply approval or rejection labels to bulk raw materials once analytical data is evaluated. May perform product certifications. Minimizes down time by reducing production rework and recalls. Works closely with design and process engineering qualifying standard and non-standard materials including data collection.
Performs all levels of “in process” and “incoming” product inspection on all products within the Crystal Fabrication area including bulk crystals, raw crystals, polished substrates, and finished devices (polished and coated). Determines pass or fail of all “in process” and “incoming” products ensuring they meet company standards per applicable prints and specifications. Parameters for inspection include dimension, surface quality, and material quality. Performs cleaning, testing, and packaging of all products including product certifications. Records and enters data as required including issuing NCR’s and DMR’s for any non-confirming products. May work closely with Design and Process Engineering qualifying NPI products, experiments, and process improvements, including data collection.
- Attention to detail applying learned knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work and general instructions on newly introduced tasks or assignments.
- May assist design and process engineering in developmental, improvement and experimental projects.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in raising the flag, resolving issues, or in making recommendations.
- May provide guidance to other non-exempt personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Must have good dexterity and experience with stereo and high powered microscopes.
- Experience handling and cleaning optical products such as crystals, glass, wafers, and lenses.
- Able to measure dimensions using measuring tools and equipment such as callipers, and eye recitals. Experience or familiarity with VMM systems and Zygo a plus.
- Able to read and interpret prints.
- Familiar with computers. Working with databases and Quality systems a plus.
- Must have good communication skills including verbal and written.
- Familiar with quality standards such as Mil-0-13830A and scratch/dig.
Typical Working Conditions
- Regular exposure to solvents and chemicals including but not limited to Acetone, Methanol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Syton, HF, Photoresist and various Adhesives.
- Includes but not limited to repetitive motion in hands and wrists. Generally sitting in one position for long periods of time. Lifting and bending on a regular basis and limited squatting.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to G&H Fremont using the apply link to the left.