Regional Sales Manager - Northeast Region
Regional Sales Manager – Northeast Region
G&H (Gooch & Housego) North America is a leader in design, development and manufacture of photonic components and subsystems for the Aerospace & Defense, Life Science, Telecommunication and Industrial markets. Our lasers, detectors, modulators and integrated optical modules are recognized for high performance and reliability and are used by demanding markets worldwide.
The Regional Sales Manager reports to the Senior Director of Sales and has primary responsibility for developing and growing sales for G&H Northeast and will work in cooperation with other G&H sites and the global G&H sales organization. Candidates should have a proven track record of selling to the Primes and Subcontractors in the Defense Industry and the Industrial Laser Market, as well as demonstratable industry knowledge and an established contact base.
- Establish annual sales plan for G&H North America and implement the business strategy which will achieve or exceed annual sales and profit goals.
- Plan and manage customer visits to solidify business relationships, determine specific customer needs, and understand application and business requirements.
- Coordinate with program managers and operations to ensure support groups meet objectives as defined by the customer requirements.
- Seek new opportunities by promoting new technical concepts, applications, and/or new products and services.
- Initiate, direct, and participate in sales presentations, trade exhibits, product demonstrations, and other activities designed to identify current or potential customer needs and expectations.
- Work closely with the G&H global sales force, inside sales/applications engineering and representatives and distributors as appropriate to meet the sales objectives.
- Travel: 40%
Education and Experience:
- 5+ Years Laser Industry, Optics Industry required; Fiber Optic industry a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field; preferred.
- Significant working knowledge with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), contracts administration, cost analysis, and proposal management.
- Ability to communicate in an appropriate manner with contacts at all levels within G&H and the customer’s organization.
- Highly polished with excellent presentation, organizational, and time management skills.
- Motivated team player with a positive attitude who can work independently.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The responsibilities of this position will involve having access to items and technical data that may be controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations (“U.S. Export Control Laws”), including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”). In order to comply with the U.S. Export Control Laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within G&H that may present access to export-controlled technical data, G&H must assess whether candidates are “U.S. persons” as defined under the EAR (15 C.F.R. Part 772) and the ITAR (22 C.F.R. § 120.15). Certain questions asked during the application process are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only.