Software Engineer – G&H
Hybrid / Remote – Ideally South West Based
Full Time Permanent Role
Competitive Salary DOE
Are you an IT professional with good business software skills?
Do you have experience of software engineering in a business or engineering environment?
If so we want to hear from you!
Here at G&H Ilminster we research, develop and engineer optical elements used in aerospace and defence applications. We are adding this new role to our Business Systems team to assist in the development and implementation of business applications to support the growing company’s IT needs. As a Software Engineer you would be responsible for reviewing requirement specifications representing company and customer needs, and driving the construction of enterprise software systems.
Main duties include;
Develop reports across business applications using SQL Reporting Services
Development and analysis of G&H enterprise software systems, working closely with internal customers, office and field staff
Liaise with internal customers to develop effective software driven processes, mapping to internal business needs
Provide documentation and support user training on systems
Train others on supporting the released systems
Ability to travel oversea, by air, when required
Ideal candidates will have the following;
- Good business system software skills, Data analysis, SQL Server programming, IIS, SQL, Relational database modeling.SQL Server, VB, ASP, .NET (ASP.NET / c#), deployment of web applications, .NET framework
- Minimum 2 years Software engineering/Information Systems experience in a business/engineering environment
- Understand integration issues associated with business systems technologies and demonstrated ability to resolve such issues
- Successful problem solving in a cross-functional team
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Excellent written and communication skills including delivering presentations/training
- Demonstrated ability to complete implementation of business information systems with strong emphasis on customer needs and validation
As well as a competitive salary and training, company benefits include;
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Company pension pays 6%
Company bonus scheme
Health Cash Plan
£500 bonus for friend referral scheme (T’s and C’s apply)