Sr. Process Technician – Optical Module Assembly
G&H offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our five business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
The role requires practical hands on experience manufacturing fiber optic assemblies. This includes the operation of assembly machinery and test equipment, and hands-on integration of high-performance, fiber optic products.
- Work with active and passive components and fibre assemblies to perform high precision optical fiber coupling processes
- Work with different types of equipment, i.e. Fusion Splicers, High Precision Fiber Cleavers, Multi Wavelength Lasers, Optical Spectrum Analyzers, Multi Meters, Comparative Scopes, Beam Analyzers
- Following written, controlled work instructions and drawings, operate optical fiber alignment equipment used in the manufacture of fiber optic modules
- Adhere to and follow all ESD protocols when handling product
- Assists engineering in the development, documentation, and improvement of new and existing processes
- Initiate engineering change documentation to correct inaccuracies when discovered
- Work to improve quality and reduce cost in team based environment
- Assist in the mentoring and training of new employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Specialist Functional Knowledge
Hands-on experience with photonics manufacturing processes
- Understanding of fiber test processes and measurements
- Perform ultra-fine accuracy alignment using micro-positioners and hand tools
- Handles optical fiber with wrapping and unwrapping, cleaving and stripping.
- Excellent hand/eye coordination and good dexterity
- Ability to work through a microscope for extended periods of time
- Good organizational skills, ability to follow precise details, perform accurate work, keep accurate counts
- Ability to make decisions and take responsibility for their outcomes
- Prior experience with computer programs (Excel, Word)
- Understanding of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and 6S techniques
- Ability to read, speak, and write clearly in English to a US high school level
- High school diploma, Associates degree preferred
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder required
- Five years of experience in fiber optic assembly in a clean room environment
- Expert level knowledge of fiber optic package assembly and fiber assemblies
How to Apply
Please send resumes to G&H Boston using the form below.