Strategic Business Development Manager - Life Sciences
Strategic Business Development Manager, Life Sciences
LOCATION: ROCHESTER, NY
G&H offers exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our seven business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance, and finance.
The Strategic Business Development Manager (SBDM) Life Sciences key role is to expand our footprint for our OEM photonics enabled medical devices within the USA. This requires identifying new customers and new applications within Life Sciences. The goal is to convert identified opportunities to long standing business relationships. In this role, you will be responsible for growing new strategic business within the Life Sciences OEM space. You will work closely with the Commercial and R&D teams to convert new business opportunities to profitable revenue growth.
- Identifying potential clients within Life Sciences.
- Establish new business relationships to meet our Life Sciences goals.
- Nurture new relationships to win future business.
- Ensure that instrumentation R&D pipeline meets the annual goal.
- Interact externally with customers and internally with R&D and Operations to mutually agree on performance, pricing and lead times and support the sales opportunity.
- Work with product managements and Engineering teams to win new design-ins through our gate review processes.
- Identifying capabilities needed to accelerate growth.
- Work with our product managers and account managers to create parallel successes.
- Develop a well-balanced portfolio between new and existing business as well as between contract R&D and contract manufacturing.
- Dream up solutions within ongoing customer meetings.
- Provide guidance to the organization on what is needed to win the new business.
- Identifying and attending key conferences and tradeshows
- Support Marketing in the promotion of our unique selling points within Life Sciences.
- Work within the ISO 9001/ISO 13485 framework
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Electronics or related discipline and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in business development within the medical device industry
- MS degree in Engineering, Physics, Electronics or related discipline and a minimum of 3 years related experience in business development within the medical device industry
- Knowledge of technology and commercial aspects of Photonics is desired.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience from photonic enabled medical device for, e.g.
- Devices for drug development
- Cardiology, desired
- Aesthetic procedures
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Location & travel
This position will be based out of our Rochester, NY site, on a hybrid work arrangement basis
30% travel expected.
G&H is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The responsibilities of this position will involve having access to items and technical data that may be controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations (“U.S. Export Control Laws”), including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”). In order to comply with the U.S. Export Control Laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within G&H that may present access to export-controlled technical data, G&H must assess whether candidates are “U.S. persons” as defined under the EAR (15 C.F.R. Part 772) and the ITAR (22 C.F.R. § 120.15). Certain questions asked during the application process are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only.