Optics Molding Operator
G&H is a world leader in optical designing, testing and manufacturing. As experts in the technology of light, G&H works with OEM customers worldwide to provide optical systems, assemblies, and components for demanding applications, often for deployment in harsh environments. Our products are based on six core technologies: acousto, crystal, electro, fiber and precision optics, and optical systems.
G&H GS Optics is hiring Optics Molding Operators for all shifts to support new business, and our Life Sciences Division.These are excellent opportunities for individuals who can work independently, follow direction and have a strong attention to detail.Advancement opportunities for individuals that desire to grow with a global leader in optical manufacturing.
GS Optics offers excellent compensation and benefits to include:
Great hourly pay based on skills and experience
- Medical and Dental benefits
- 401k plans with company match
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Appreciation Programs
Pay Range: $19.00 to $22.00 per hour
A Shift:Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
B Shift:Monday through Friday, 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
C Shift:Sunday through Thursday, 10:30 p.m. through 7:00 a.m.
- Operates injection molding machines manufacturing lenses and other components that are used in the medical, commercial and defense industries.
- Performs visual inspection according to written quality plan
- Carefully handles product to prevent damage
- Reads, understands and implements all process, quality and safety work instructions for assigned jobs.
- Performs milling and secondary operations on molded parts.
- Labels and packages parts correctly.
- Reports production into computer.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of manufacturing experience
- Optics Mold Machine Operator and/or Plastic Injection Molding experience preferred
- Ability to follow and adhere to safe work practices.
- Must have good dexterity and attention to detail.
- Must be able to perform basic math functions.
- Basic computer entry skills, will train.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
G&H is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. G&H will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying and require special assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources department at 585-295-0215.
The responsibilities of this position will involve having access to items and technical data that may be controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations (“U.S. Export Control Laws”), including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”). In order to comply with the U.S. Export Control Laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within G&H that may present access to export-controlled technical data, G&H must assess whether candidates are “U.S. persons” as defined under the EAR (15 C.F.R. Part 772) and the ITAR (22 C.F.R. § 120.15). Certain questions asked during the application process are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only.