Continuous Improvement Engineer
Job title: Continuous Improvement Engineer
Reports to: General Manager
Scope of the role:
The Continuous Improvement Engineer reports to the General Manager, will lead and coordinate our efforts to identify and implement process improvements across all departments. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in process improvement methodologies, Lean Six Sigma being a plus. He or she will be highly analytical and data-driven, with the ability to identify process inefficiencies and recommend solutions. The Continuous Improvement Engineer will work closely with department managers and team leaders to implement process improvements and track results. This is a hands-on position that will require the ability to lead and motivate teams, as well as work independently.
- Serve as a technical resource for the organization, providing engineering support and expertise in the area of continuous improvement.
- Lead and participate in process improvement projects using various quality tools and methodologies.
- Analyze data to identify trends and areas for improvement, developing and implementing solutions to address root causes.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and implement best practices.
- Train and mentor team members on continuous improvement concepts and tools.
- Facilitate Kaizen events and other improvement activities.
- Monitor and report on project progress, metrics, and results.
- Develop and maintain process documentation.
- Support the development and implementation of new processes and technologies.
- Conduct audits and assessments to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Manage change control procedures.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, industrial engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in process improvement, quality engineering, or similar role.
- Proven track record of leading and implementing process improvements.
- Lean Six Sigma certification (Green Belt or higher).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Precision Optics experience is a plus.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in engineering, industrial engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in process improvement, quality engineering, or similar role.
- Black Belt certification.
- Experience with statistical analysis software.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 or other quality management standards.