Crystal Fabrication Technician
Scope of the role:
The Crystal Fabrication Technician will performs product inspection and/or audits of all levels of product within the Crystal Fabrication area including Thin Films. Performs packaging and manufacturing inspections, sampling, and testing of incoming components and raw materials. Ensures raw materials, in-process and finished products meet company standards. May apply approval or rejection labels to bulk raw materials once analytical data is evaluated. May perform product certifications. Minimizes down time by reducing production rework and recalls. Works closely with design and process engineering qualifying standard and non-standard materials including data collection.
- Has substantial understanding of the job, and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Assists design and process engineering in developmental, improvement and experimental projects.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- May provide guidance to other personnel.
- Hand cleaning of sensitive or fragile parts using swabs and wipes
- Experience handling and cleaning glass, wafers, lenses, other optical a plus
- Ability to read dimensions and tolerances from a mechanical drawing
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent education gained through work experience.
- Minimum 1 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal guidance required.
- Good time management.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Precision Optics experience is a plus.