Located in Rochester, NY and founded in 1916, G&H | GS Optics specializes in the custom design and manufacture of precision polymer optics for use in the biomedical, healthcare diagnostics, machine vision and analytical instrument markets, as well as military and civilian night-vision and visible-range sighting applications. In addition to the highly automated injection molding process, it has well established in-house capabilities to provide custom designed diamond turned and injection molded prototypes, thin film anti reflective and reflective coatings and integrated optical assembly solutions.
G&H|GS Optics is recruiting for an Engineering Manager. This integral position is responsible for the hiring and development of the engineering team to support manufacturing, guide the development of programs, work closely with the sales team, and provide hands-on support to the manufacturing operation.
- Interviewing and hiring of engineering staff as needed
- Establishing initial and ongoing training for engineering staff
- Procedural and program development to insure all engineering activities are implemented consistently.
- Guide development of programs from inception through first article delivery and steady-state production. This includes initial project evaluation including design for manufacture reviews, cost constraints, and turn-over to production.
- Assist the sales team with initial customer quotes, including correct tool selection, raw material selection, and packaging.
- Guide the preparation and updating of internal documentation such as drawings, work instructions, quality plans and customer specified reporting documents.
- Guide continuous process improvement pertaining to items such as scrap reduction, cycle time reduction, and part handling.
- Create and update designs of workpiece holding fixtures, end of arm tooling and injection molds as necessary. Ensure team design reviews are conducted for fixtures, tooling and assembly processes.
- Provide supervisory responsibilities for Program Managers, Manufacturing Engineers, and Applications Engineers.
- Provide guidance on design and assembly related to opto-mechanical systems and stacked optics.
- Complete tasks within the quality management system framework (ISO 9001 and 13485).
- Bachelor degree in related field, preferably Engineering field and/or related experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in:
- Program/Project Management
- Optics-geometrical and physical
- Optical Metrology
- Quality Management Systems in regulated industries (medical device, aerospace, defense, etc.).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with demonstrated success in a technical supervisory role.
- Working knowledge of Injection Molding.
Salary Range:$130K - $180K
G&H|GS Optics LLC is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. G&H|GS Optics LLC will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying and require special assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources department at 585-295-0215.
The responsibilities of this position will involve having access to items and technical data that may be controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations (“U.S. Export Control Laws”), including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”). In order to comply with the U.S. Export Control Laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within G&H that may present access to export-controlled technical data, G&H must assess whether candidates are “U.S. persons” as defined under the EAR (15 C.F.R. Part 772) and the ITAR (22 C.F.R. § 120.15). Certain questions asked during the application process are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only.