Job title: Machine Operator
Reports to: Manufacturing Lead
Scope of the role:
The Machine Operator reports to the Manufacturing Lead and sets-up, operates, and maintains machinery. They are responsible for ensuring the machine produces high quality products, runs smoothly and at capacity, and is properly maintained.
- Responsible for setting up and operating manufacturing equipment.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, work orders and travelers.
- Bevel, Grinding, Moating and Sawing - *on the job training is available!*
- Perform a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive in the manufacturing of precision optics.
- knowledge and understanding of process steps.
- Understand quality specifications and perform quality checks on own work.
- Proactively communicate process and/or equipment issues to Supervisor and/or Maintenance
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent education gained through work experience.
- Minimum 1 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with machinery.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software applications.
- Good time management
- Attention to detail.
- Precision Optics experience is a plus.