Production Inventory Control Technician
At G&H Keene, we develop advanced and complex optical systems for global defense and military sectors, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue, surveillance, and commercial applications.These systems span the optical spectrum of ultra violet, visible, and infrared wavelengths.G&H Keene is a fast-paced design environment for prototype and production volumes.
This position is based upon a forty (40) hour work week equating to full-time employment at G&H Keene. It is considered an hourly/non-exempt position and eligible for overtime. We have attempted to list all of the responsibilities that might be expected of such an employee in the list that follows. However, additional duties may be required.
Position hours are M-F 7am-4pm or 8am-5pm. Please note that this position may require flexible hours as necessary.
Responsible for tracking inventory levels, packaging, receiving and maintain accurate records. On the shipping side, package items, weigh packages. Responsible for material receipt, unloading, comparing bills of lading against actual merchandise received, ensuring all paperwork is present, inspecting for damaged goods and, once approved, distributing merchandise.
The position’s scope includes:
- Inspects and verifies incoming goods against invoices or other documents, records shortages and rejects damaged goods, requests missing documentation from suppliers as necessary
- Transacts incoming material in production software and documentation for incoming inspection as necessary
- Makes necessary verifications against documents, unpacks and routes goods to appropriate areas.
- Processes controlled material according to procedure
- Prepares materials for shipment determining appropriate packaging materials as necessary.
- May operate hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
- Contacts vendors for required job documentation necessary to accept delivery
- Assembles containers and crates, packs goods to be shipped and prepares identifying information and shipping instructions
- Knows safe storage and handling procedures for various chemicals and materials
- Knows proper shipping procedures for transportation of dangerous goods
- Perform Production Control activities as needed such as kitting, generating work orders for Production this includes transacting of the material issued into the ERP.
- Maintains internal record-keeping systems for inventory management
- Support quality inspection with general inspection and measurements as required
- May operate Laser Machine for engraving purposes
- Handles occasional local material pick-up and drop-offs
- Proficient with general computer skills and experience with ERP (engineering resource planning) software is a plus
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to lift or move items up to 50 lbs. independently
- 2-4 years’ work experience (direct inventory experience is a plus)
The responsibilities of this position will involve having access to items and technical data that may be controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations ("U.S. Export Control Laws"), including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR") and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR").In order to comply withtheU.S.ExportControlLaws,andinconjunctionwiththereviewofcandidatesforthosepositionswithin G&H that may present access to export-controlled technical data, G&H must assess whether candidates are "U.S. persons" asdefined under the EAR (15 C.F.R. Part 772)and the ITAR (22 C.F.R.§ 120.15).Certain questionsasked duringtheapplicationprocess areintendedtoassessthisandwillbeusedfor evaluation purposesonly.Failureto providethenecessaryinformationinthisregardwillresultinourinabilitytoconsideryoufurtherforthisparticular position.
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicantsforemployment.TheCompanydoesnotdiscriminateinemploymentopportunityorpractices on the grounds of gender, race, religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by national laws under which the Company operates.