G&H is a world leader in optical designing, testing and manufacturing. As experts in the technology of light, G&H works with OEM customers worldwide to provide optical systems, assemblies, and components for demanding applications, often for deployment in harsh environments. Our products are based on six core technologies: acousto, crystal, electro, fiber and precision optics, and optical systems.
G&H|GS Optics LLC is adding a Quality Engineer to our team. The quality engineer is responsible for the support of quality assurance using applicable engineering skills and knowledge, within the context of GS Plastic Optics’ quality system. The incumbent will be responsible for quality activities during development and product realization of new products, and will support the quality function of existing products. This is a hands-on position. We will provide training specific to the optical metrology equipment. Employee must show engineering aptitude and have excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Qualified candidates who are committed to earning customers’ trust by having a strong sense of urgency and operate in an honest ethical manner should apply immediately.
- Perform mechanical measurements on plastic (molded, machined) optical parts using standard dimensional metrology.
- Program and perform measurements using, Zeiss Micura CMM, Mitutoyo CMM and OGP Flash 302 (multi-sensor CMM).Will provide programming training.
- Perform optical inspection using an interferometer, profilometer and optical bench metrology methods.Will provide training.
- Includes developing Excel-based solvers.
- Analyze the capability of measurement systems.
- Ensure quality inspectors understand the need to perform and record measurements within established engineering conventions and quality system procedures.
Product Realization Duties:
- Review new opportunities from sales to ensure all requirements are captured and provide design for manufacturing (DFM) feedback to help sales qualify new opportunities.
- Review new drawings and procedures prior to production release to ensure proper information is gathered.
- Collaborate with customers, production and engineering teams to develop agreed upon inspection and test criteria, methods, and specifications.
- Support new products by analyzing gathered data from a design of experiments within Minitab to help optimize the molding process as well as recommending additional data to be gathered to help support this process.
- Work with diamond turning, Director of Quality and Technology and QC regarding recuts of inserts to correct for shrinkage in molded parts.
- Work with Molding, Machining, Tooling, Diamond Turning and Coating teams to establish and monitor process parameters to ensure that quality parts are being produced.
- Suggest fixture designs required by custom test/inspection setups.
- Develop/review test plans, protocols and reports.
Production Support Duties:
- Perform and record routine in-process measurements as needed.
- Monitor on going molding via control charts and working with the manufacturing teams on process improvements.
- Apply flash coating to sample parts using a vacuum coating chamber.
- Work with GSPO key customers regarding quality concerns; implement effective corrective and preventative measures accordingly.
- Actively participate in problem-solving activities. Interact with production departments to better understand issues and identify and resolve the root cause of a problem.
- B.S. or BSETin a scientific/technology field, preferably Mechanical Engineering field.
- 3-5 Years of Experience in:
- Component Manufacturing and/or Metrology hands on experience, plastic injection molding preferred
- Quality Tools (root cause/corrective action, SPC, six sigma, variation control, etc. preferred)
- Experience in Process Validation (IQ, OQ, PQ) preferred
- CAD Knowledge (SolidWorks or similar)
- Knowledgeable of GD &T, and associated metrology
- Microsoft Windows proficiency to include Word, Excel PowerPoint and Access
- Statisitcal methods using software (Minitab or similar)
- Experience using
- Computer controlled/programmed inspection equipment
- Calipers, micrometers, pin gauges, other mechanical gauges
- Zeiss & Mitutoyo CMM
- OGP Flash 301
GS Optics LLC is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. GS Optics will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying and require special assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources department at 585-295-0215