Job title: Quality Engineer
Matrix Structure Reporting to: US Director of Quality & Site Operations Director
Scope of the role:
The Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting the existing quality and product assurance activities, by performing internal audits and coordinating associated actions, performing data analysis, identifying improvement opportunities to both product returns and internal cost of poor quality, providing a high standard customer experience.
- Perform internal business and manufacturing process audits to proactively determine quality risks.
- Review key process indicators for product quality; product returns, shipped product quality level and cost of poor quality.
- Analyze data to identify trends / improvement opportunities and work within multifunctional teams to coordinate mitigating action plans.
- Utilize standard problem solving techniques / tools to address quality related root causes related to product returns or cost of poor quality.
- Maintain the AS9100 / ISO9001 management system, continuing the drive in transitioning to a more proactive deployment of quality throughout the business.
- Provide customer facing support in ensuring effective issues management from initiation to closure of customer related issues.
- Work closely with all functional areas to identify / monitor supply related issues and work closely with supplier quality engineering and supply chain management in closing the route cause with supplier.
- Provide appropriate quality inputs to the contract review and engineering / document changes processes.
- Oversee and conduct First Article Inspection Reports.
- Manage quality investigations of non-conforming product / return material authorization process, help analyze non-conforming product and communicate with customers the status and results.
- Coordinate the concessions / permits along with analysis and progression of changes.
- Play an active role in supporting wider multi-functional business continuous improvement projects.
- Support customers and 3rd party audits.
- Interface and manage customers for Precision Optics
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in engineering discipline required or equivalent education gained through work experience.
- 3 to 5 years within a quality engineer role in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 years working in AS9100/ISO9001 environment.
- Precision Optics technical knowledge is a plus.
- Proven track record with deployment of continuous improvement projects using structured problem solving methodologies.
- Ability to be highly independent and a leader in quality / champion of system thinking.
- Work positively to develop and foster good working relationships with colleagues and personnel in line with our company values and behaviour framework.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.