G&H is a world leader in optical designing, testing and manufacturing. As experts in the technology of light, G&H works with OEM customers worldwide to provide optical systems, assemblies, and components for demanding applications, often for deployment in harsh environments. Our products are based on six core technologies: acousto, crystal, electro, fiber and precision optics, and optical systems.
G&H|G-S Optics is recruiting Quality Technicians for all shifts.This role is responsible for providing support and qualifying in-process production parts for manufacturing following existing test protocols and procedures.Works closely with production Process Technicians and Engineers to start-up and maintain a process for producing parts with consistent and acceptable yields. This is an excellent opportunity to work with world class professionals in the Optics industry, in an environment that promotes continuous improvement, and a winning attitude. We will provide full training to employees with the desire to gain career skills in our high tech Optics field.
A Shift Hours: Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
B Shift Hours: Monday through Friday, 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
C Shift Hours: Sunday through Thursday, 10:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
GS Optics offers top hourly and pay and excellent benefits!
- Off Shift Differential Pay
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental benefits day 1
- 401k plan with company match
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and Birthday PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Wellness Program
- Employee Appreciation Programs
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Perform dimensional measurements with manual/hand gauges (calipers, micrometers, etc.).
- Perform dimensional measurements with computer controlled gauges (Mitutoyo touch CMM, OGP multisensory CMM, Zeiss profilometer).
- Perform optical non-contact inspection using interferometer and optical bench metrology methods.
- Perform visual inspection of optical parts to identify non-conformance according to documented parameters.
- Notify production personnel of inspection results.
- Identify and report systemic and preventable non-conformance occurrences to maximize yields.
- Reject defective product and document through Discrepant Material Report (DMR) process.
- Work with production to actively find continuous improvement opportunities.
- Interact with coworkers in a manner that promotes excellence and world class thinking.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, advanced degree or coursework desired
- Two to five years inspection experience
- Two to five years of experience in a production manufacturing setting
- Experience with Optics inspection desired
- Injection Molding experience desired
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Two to five years of experience with mechanical measurement equipment (calipers, CMM, micrometers)
Pay Range: $19.00 to $23.00 per hour
G&H is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. G&H will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying and require special assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources department at 585-295-0215.
The responsibilities of this position will involve having access to items and technical data that may be controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations (“U.S. Export Control Laws”), including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”). In order to comply with the U.S. Export Control Laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within G&H that may present access to export-controlled technical data, G&H must assess whether candidates are “U.S. persons” as defined under the EAR (15 C.F.R. Part 772) and the ITAR (22 C.F.R. § 120.15). Certain questions asked during the application process are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only.