G&H offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our seven business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
The role requires practical hands on experience manufacturing fiber optic assemblies. This includes the operation of assembly machinery and test equipment, and hands-on integration of high-performance, fiber optic products.
SPECIALIST FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Hands-on experience with photonics manufacturing processes
- Understanding of fiber test processes and measurements
- Perform ultra-fine accuracy alignment using micro-positioners and hand tools
- Handles optical fiber with wrapping and unwrapping, cleaving and stripping.
- Excellent hand/eye coordination and good dexterity
- Ability to work through a microscope for extended periods of time
- Good organizational skills, ability to follow precise details, perform accurate work, keep accurate counts
- Ability to make decisions and take responsibility for their outcomes
- Prior experience with computer programs (Excel, Word)
- Understanding of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and 6S techniques
- Ability to read, speak, and write clearly in English to a US high school level
- High school diploma, Associates degree preferred
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder required
- Five years of experience in fiber optic assembly in a clean room environment
- Expert level knowledge of fiber optic package assembly and fiber assemblies
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Sr. Process Technician” in the subject line or click on the button below