G&H offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our five business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
Sourcing direct and indirect materials at the appropriate quality level, on time and at the most competitive cost from new programme launch through to steady state production.
- Purchasing of direct materials in line with operational requirements. Actioning the requirements of MRP.
- Maintaining part and procurement parameters in MRP/ERP, i.e. supplier lead times, strategic safety stocks, yields. Ensure all purchase orders and amendments are always up to date in the system
- Assisting with running tender processes for new requirements, and working with the wider team to negotiate pricing and terms and conditions to ensure the best position for G&H
- Develop and maintain proactive supplier relationships
- Inventory management. Work with internal and external partners to optimise stock and ensure stock is provided in line with product lifecycle and business requirements.
- Assist with the identification of cost reduction initiatives
- On a regular basis monitor Procurement KPI’s (OTIF, Quality, MPV) and publish along with action plans to deliver agreed targets
- Build strong internal relationships and work with all areas to address purchasing issues and requirements.
- Continuous Improvement. Alongside the wider team work with internal colleagues and group colleagues to continuously develop and improve procurement and supply chain processes, tools and ways of working. Implement new tools, processes and procedures that are identified for group role out.
- Work within Health & Safety regulations, Company Quality and Environmental systems of work, and all other Company policies and procedures
- Working positively to develop and foster good working relationships with colleagues and contracted personnel in order to maintain a culture of mutual respect and dignity
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Specialist Functional Knowledge
- Supplier OTD
- Supplier Quality Performance (PPM or alternative)
- Inventory management
- Launch on time
- Strong IT Skills and knowledge and experience of working with MRP
Key G&H Competencies
- Drive and Determination
- Communication skills
- Job Knowledge
- Delivering Results
- Innovation & Creativity
- Problem Solving
- CIPS or Working Experience matching expectations of role
- Experience in manufacturing environment essential
- Knowledge and experience of running MRP systems
- Technical experience preferable
- Able to be accountable and deliver results
- Well experienced in building internal and external relationships
How to Apply
Please send your resume to G&H Torquay following the link to the left.