Sr. Optical Design Engineer
Sr. Optical Design Engineer Fremont, CA
We are looking for an Individual with:
• Bachelors or Masters in Science or Engineering
• Professional Experience 5-10 years in laser or optics industry
• Hands-on experimental experience in a Laser laboratory
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical thinking
• Hands on experience with Opto-mechanical assemblies
• Theoretical understanding of optical beam diffraction
• Gaussian beam and/or Ray trace modelling a plus
• RF back-ground a plus (Impedance transformation circuits)
• MatLab or equivalent
• Thermal modelling experience a plus
• UV and/or MIR optical experience a plus
Typical Working Conditions:
Office and Lab setting, working at a desk as well as performing optical bench activities. Hooking up equipment, debugging/testing hardware, soldering and unsoldering components.
Lasers, motion control devices, various types of interferometers and optical manufacturing equipment, optical and electrical spectral analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscope, function generators, digital meters, power supplies, detectors, computer, soldering iron, hand tools.
Essential Physical Tasks:
Able to move test equipment and work the test equipment as required. Lift up to 10 pounds on a frequent but not repetitive basis.